Tuesday 5 July 2011

Jesus You're my Superhero

In relation to the David and Goliath story, we needed a couple of songs to teach the children that related. So with children's interest in superhero's (soooo many t-shirts with logos on) we decided "Jesus you're my Superhero" was a good option and allowed us to discuss that Jesus was better than all of them!!! He is powerful and wants to help us just like he did David.

So second use for the shower curtain, I drew pictures to depict each sentence in the song, using permanent markers. We pointed to this as we said the sentence in english and one person did the corresponding action, then it was translated into Romanian.
Then we sang with actions! A few children singing with actions in, "My best friend"

Lyrics
"He's the one who makes the sun shine
He's the one who that puts the moon in the sky
He's the one who hung the stars
One by one

He's the one who makes the birds sing
He's the one who makes your dreams so high
He's the one who makes me smile
Day by day

Jesus you're my superhero
You're my star, my best friend
Jesus you're my superhero
You're my star, my best friend

Better than Spiderman
Better than Superman
Better than Batman
Better than anyone...."(add other favourite characters)

2 comments:

  1. Hi there, I'm so glad that your trip was good and that you're back! I've missed your post.: )

    ReplyDelete