Saturday 18 June 2011

Creation Cards

I painted a set of the creation cards out of wood sometime ago, which I have yet to saw out of the large sheet of wood it is currently on. In the next few days I will be going to Romania on a short trip, to serve Outstretched Hands of Romania and I was considering possible talks for children's ministry, when I thought Godly play would actually be quite a good starting point! So thought of making a little light travel set of a few stories and with regard to Creation looked up images and came across a nice example at United Montessori.
Making them out of felt and planning to use them as a travel set I thought joining them with a ribbon with buttons on the end would work well (I believe it did). I simply sewed a button on each end of a ribbon, then cut a little slit in each of the sheets, that way I am able to take each one off and use individually in a line as is meant to be used.
But equally it can be used as a book.

Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4
Day 5
Day 6
Day 7
Day 1 - 7

10 comments:

  1. I loved reading about your ministry in Romania. I also love how you've made Godly Play materials creatively and inexpensively. I linked to your Godly Play posts at http://livingmontessorinow.com/2011/07/26/fitting-montessori-based-religious-education-into-your-home/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I think most things can be made creatively

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Idea for a present from our parish for the new baptised children.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing! These are wonderful!
    Jenny
    Owl Things First

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just copied this for our inner city church's Godly Play! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad this continues to be helpful to people

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for this! Making a set now for my new Godlyplay classroom!

    ReplyDelete