Monday 13 June 2011

The Trinity


I absoloutly know this is not the Godly play model (except of course white circles and a dove) but needed an example of the Trinity for the context of the Pentecost story. Simply placed the three circles on the floor, pointing to each circle saying this one we will think about God the Father, God The Son- Jesus, this one God The Holy Spirit. Then placed each object on top,

God The Father: We often think of God The Father as the creator, he created everyone and the whole world with His hands (wooden hands). We also think of Him as the Father, a father who looks after us and holds us in his hands.

God the Son- Jesus: We often think of Jesus as a baby, who was born in a stable in Bethlehem (painted baby stone). But we also think of Jesus dying on a cross for us and then coming alive again.

God the Holy Spirit: We often think of the Holy Spirit, like when the dove came upon Jesus on His baptism.

I then moved the circles together and said that together this is God! Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

I am not suggesting this is better than the Godly play trinity example used in the Baptism session- no way. I just felt this was right for this occasion. Check out Wonderful in and Easter kind of way's post on The Trinity

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the link :)

    I really like your phrase, "We often think of ... as ...", which leaves room for lots of other ways to think, too. And I love the wooden hands! If I had been there, I would have wanted to sing, "He's got the whole world in his hands!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! The idea to present to each circle separately and then bring them together is effective.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Story teller: Yes I thought that phrase was kind of essential, thank you. I originally brought the hands for that exact song.
    Sheila: Thank you presenting separately worked well

    ReplyDelete